Workshop: Pitch your research in 3 minutes
How to pitch your science in 3 minutes or less
- Knowledge: Techniques for crafting and delivering impactful presentations in less than three minutes to specific target audiences.
- Practice: On-site guidance, exercises and practice to frame, create and deliver a short pitch in front of a live audience.
- Workshop – half day
- Audience – PhD students in the natural sciences (maximum 20 participants)
- Interactivity – discussions, exercises; exercises will be conducted in both small and large (max 10 participants) groups
Date and place
- Lund, 25 Sep 2018
Theory and exercises
- Framing and story Identifying the right frame for your research and target audience, and developing the story for the pitch.
- Design (very briefly, if at all) If time permits, (very) briefly about key principles of visual storytelling.
- Delivery Verbal and non-verbal communication techniques for a confident delivery. •
- Dry-runof pitch in small groups
- Live-run of pitch in large group
If you are interested please contact Margarida Soares, team leader R3I